17 Feb 2015

Room Tour // Part One

Finally comes the day when I am showing you my room! I redecorated it almost a year ago now (time flies woah) and I've been planning on showing it to you ever since. But I'm one of those people with a massive Pinterest board full of ideas, and every time I went to share my room this little voice in my head would say 'oh I'll just add this, then it'll be finished' and you can imagine where that went.

Recently I've come to the conclusion that my room is forever going to be an unfinished project - a perfect imperfection. I've tried to reflect that in my photos. My room is a liveable space, it's practical and its not necessarily pristine. So with no further edu, welcome to my room!



The first thing you see when you walk into my room is the aqua feature wall. It's no secret I love colour - and I spent FOREVER picking this one. I'm very happy with it. It's just bright enough without being a 3yr old finger painting. I tried to mature the space with this Penguin Book print. The other things on my draws are on a constant rotation, but at the moment they are home to my Polaroid and my cactus, Stanley. I'm contemplating covering the whole thing in cacti... That's the latest idea anyway.



Further to the right is a giant window, with my cupboard pushed up against it. In between the two are my polaroids. I haven't quite justified the price of polaroids, so I don't take very many as you can see. But look on the bright side - There are just enough to make the wall look exciting!



One thing I really love in my room is this massive desk. I've got a loft bed with a desk underneath, which you'll see later on. If you haven't noticed, it's flipping huge!! It must be around 2 metres. So great for piles of homework/assignments/books etc. I like to keep my desk relatively clean, keeping just the essentials out. I put a lamp in the corner of the desk for extra light, especially at night. My transparent pen cup holds the rainbow of felt tips I received for Christmas. I also keep my laptop at the back of my desk incase I ever need to use it quickly, or have any assignments. Special mention also goes to my Glasshouse candle. It's one of those situations where I love it so much I'll only use it occasionally, but it sure does make a long day that bit nicer. 


I've decorated the space above my desk with black and white photos. There is something really special about going to the effort to print and display photos, and its something I've done for years now. The photos display some of my best memories, friendships, some favourite photos I've taken, and just generally good times. I print new photos and swap them around every few months, so their always up to date. I picked the black and white because I like the contrast it brings to the rest of the room, and it makes all the photos match relatively well too.



On the wall to the right of my desk, I've made this wall collage out of little things I've collected and found online. This one also changes often, but here's what it looks like at the moment. I'm loving watercolour prints right now, so I added a few to this collage. Inspirational quotes are also a must. I'm not sure what to call the paper balls, but I also scored them for Christmas. I honestly had no idea what to do with them at first, but I rather like them on either side of my collage. I brought the whole thing together with a little washi tape, to keep the colours central throughout. Oh and I am aware it's not November, but the orange looked better with the collage - The things I do for this blog!

I'll be back with part 2 later on this week, so stay tuned and have a great week! Also, I reached 50 followers on Bloglovin' so THANK YOU so so so much. You wonderful people are the reason I do what I do xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment